Lens Service Technician( Camera)
Permanent - Full Time - Burbank, CA
“Inspiring images. Since 1917.” ARRI is a global company within the motion picture media industry, employing around 1,400 staff worldwide. Named after its founders August Arnold and Robert Richter, ARRI was established in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries are in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of the business units Camera Systems, Lighting, Media, and Rental, all dedicated to connecting art and future technologies for moving images. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems for the film and broadcast industry, with a worldwide distribution and service network. It is also an integrated media service provider in the fields of film post- and coproduction, international sales, as well as equipment rental, and supplying camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
- Evaluation of the performance, condition, and quality control of new and used cinema camera lenses
- Troubleshooting and identifying equipment issues, and providing estimates of repair for clients
- Maintenance and repair of all ARRI Cine Lenses, including third party manufacturers
- Completing necessary repair paperwork documenting work performed and parts utilized
- Providing technical training of company products to colleagues in order to enable them to perform maintenance and repairs
- Providing technical phone support on service related issues and customer repair questions
- Work with the global service organization to support the worldwide database and 24/5 coverage
- Participate in demos and workshops on camera & lens equipment for potential clients and support in-house staff training
- Bachelor’s degree in Optical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent hands-on industry knowledge with a minimum of 6 years’ experience
- Experience in servicing and repairing of professional camera lenses, video lenses, and full frame lenses from Zeiss, Fujinon, Angenieux, Cooke, Leica, Canon and others
- Understanding of digital video production, digital workflows, cinematography, and/or post production environment
- Exceptional optical and mechanical skills
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Software and Mac OS
- Excellent communication skills and the capability to explain and communicate about complex technical matters
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and interact with coworkers and client respectfully
- Willingness to travel as necessary to headquarters in Germany, visiting customers, trade shows, and set locations
- Organization and attention to detail
If you are up to this challenge and you possess the necessary skills, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
Please e-mail your resume to ARRIcareers@arri.com. In order to be considered, you must include your hourly salary requirement
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||as soon as possible|