Senior Product Manager Lighting Network & Software
“Inspiring images. Since 1917.” ARRI is a global company within the motion picture media industry, employing around 1,400 staff worldwide. Named after its founders August Arnold and Robert Richter, ARRI was established in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries are in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of the business units Camera Systems, Lighting, Media, and Rental, all dedicated to connecting art and future technologies for moving images. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems for the film and broadcast industry, with a worldwide distribution and service network. It is also an integrated media service provider in the fields of film post- and coproduction, international sales, as well as equipment rental, and supplying camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
- Responsible for planning, development, introduction and lifecycle management of new LED lighting products, including network integration and software control
- Coordinates internal and external communication and training on ARRI lighting products, particularly with regard to LED products and related technology
- Researches light sources and lighting technology, with an eye for applicability to current and future product development
- Coordinates product beta testing with customers and partners.
- Documents product requirements and engineering specifications for the product development group
- Conducts market research for new products, and integrates customer needs into product concepts
- Provides technical input to the international marketing team for product launches and marketing campaigns
- Performs product demonstrations and conducts key customer visits
- Identifies trends and new technologies in areas of VR, AR, MR (e.g. xR) and virtual cinematography
- Point of contact for joint projects across ARRI Business Units
- Translates market & industry forces/trends into product strategies with respect to brand reputation & leadership role in technology with focus on application and Americas region
- Provides input to global product roadmap
- Defines strategies to mitigate threats and maximize opportunities to the product line with special focus on patents and protection
- Provides a link and leadership between all functions and effectively communicates with all other areas of the business
- Supports industry standards and other activities to achieve a strong market reputation, leadership role in technology
Education: Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, science, information technology or lighting-related field.
Experienced in development of LED technology, products, and subsystems
Relevant expertise in network technologies, SW architecture and requirements engineering
Proficient in the creation and maintenance of development documentation, including product specifications and interface control documents (minimum 5 years experience)
Proficient in the creation and maintenance of product documentation, including operating instructions and datasheets
Familiarity with Computer Aided Design (CAD) software packages preferred
Proficient with business software packages, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Office
Experienced in SAP R/3 and Adobe InDesign preferred
Knowledge of 3D printing and related prototyping
Experienced with entertainment lighting hardware, particularly within film, television, and event application
Application knowhow in in the filming industry, broadcast market, event or theatre production
Understanding of core lighting principles, including illumination, color theory, and color quality
Proficient in static and automated lighting programming
Design experience with entertainment lighting in the film, television, event, theater or related industries
- Proven ability to coordinate technical communication during product development and product support
- Ability to relate end-user needs with technical implementation
- Ability to establish, coordinate and effectively leverage input from beta testing groups
- Effective troubleshooter with customers
- Proven ability to operate in an international development environment
If you are up to this challenge in Burbank, LA and you possess the necessary skills, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
Please e-mail your resume to ARRIcareers@arri.com. In order to be considered, you must include your hourly salary requirement.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||as soon as possible|