Senior Color Scientist Camera Systems (m|w|d)
“Inspiring images. Since 1917.” ARRI is a global company within the motion picture media industry, employing around 1,400 staff worldwide. Named after its founders August Arnold and Robert Richter, ARRI was established in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries are in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of the business units Camera Systems, Lighting, Media, and Rental, all dedicated to connecting art and future technologies for moving images. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems for the film and broadcast industry, with a worldwide distribution and service network. It is also an integrated media service provider in the fields of film post- and coproduction, international sales, as well as equipment rental, and supplying camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
As part of the ARRI Image Science team, you will support the development of image processing algorithms for our motion picture cameras. You will work in the varied area between scientific and creative demands on image quality. For this purpose, there is constant research on new developments and more effective methods. The team has one common goal: The highest quality for moving images!
In order to achieve even more together, we are looking for you, as a Senior Color Scientist (m/f/d) to also look outside the box and have an eye on the entire image processing.
- You will be responsible for the design of the color and image processing in the different cameras as well as in the Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Together with the Technical Lead you will be also responsible for the image quality
- In doing so you will develop algorithms, solutions and concepts in the Image-Science team of R&D Camera Systems
- You will technically lead guide young engineers and students
- In your role, you will be involved in the modern workflows of postproduction
- You have successfully completed your studies in informatics, physics, electrical engineering or an equivalent area
- In addition, you bring several years of work experience in image or signal processing and in Post-Production
- You are expert in Color Science
- You have experience in technical leadership
- Profound knowledge of Matlab and good knowledge in C/C++ is required
- Very good knowledge of English rounds off your profile, German skills are additionally beneficial
You can expect a challenging and exciting work environment with diverse opportunities and international orientation!
We look forward to receiving your online application with your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||as soon as possible|