Senior Engineer Image Processing - Computational Imaging (m/w/d)
“Inspiring images. Since 1917.” ARRI is a global player within the motion picture industry, employing around 1,200 staff worldwide. Named after its founders August Arnold and Robert Richter, ARRI was established in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries are in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of the business units Camera Systems, Lighting, and Rental, all dedicated to connecting creativity and future technologies for moving images. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems as well as system solutions for the film, broadcast, and media industries, with a worldwide distribution and service network. The portfolio includes digital cameras, lenses, camera accessories, archive technologies, lamp heads, and lighting accessories. Along with offering exclusive technologies, ARRI Rental’s first-class services and equipment provide camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions around the world.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
- You will develop innovative solutions that aid the film industry’s creative minds to find new and improved ways of shaping the image rendition.
- You enjoy working in a complex interdisciplinary environment that requires diverse coordination with colleagues from different disciplines. You will work with colleagues from sensor and optics development, among others, on creating algorithms that optimize image quality.
- Additionally, you will exchange ideas with camera operators and colorists in search of parameters that will improve image quality.
- As a senior engineer, you will take on tasks independently and develop solutions autonomously.
- With your knowledge and experience, you will guide junior colleagues and supervise students who are writing their final thesis.
- You have successfully completed your studies in electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, or in a comparable field.
- You bring professional experience or a doctorate in image processing as well as experience in image enhancement (e.g., noise reduction or correction of aberrations), motion image processing, and computational imaging.
- You have experience with machine learning.
- You bring an in-depth knowledge of MATLAB and, ideally, a basic knowledge of GPU programming.
- You are characterized by strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Fluent business German and English round off your profile.
You can expect a challenging and exciting work environment with diverse opportunities and international orientation!
We look forward to receiving your online application with your earliest possible starting date and salary expectations.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||01.07.2021|