Junior Service Technician
“Inspiring images. Since 1917.” ARRI is a global player within the motion picture industry, employing around 1,200 staff worldwide. Named after its founders August Arnold and Robert Richter, ARRI was established in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries are in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of the business units Camera Systems, Lighting, and Rental, all dedicated to connecting creativity and future technologies for moving images. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems as well as system solutions for the film, broadcast, and media industries, with a worldwide distribution and service network. The portfolio includes digital cameras, lenses, camera accessories, archive technologies, lamp heads, and lighting accessories. Along with offering exclusive technologies, ARRI Rental’s first-class services and equipment provide camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions around the world.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
ARRI Canada is looking for an energetic, and highly motivated Jr. Service Technician with strong attention to details and a focus on quality, at our service center in Toronto.
The Jr. Service Technician is a full-time position responsible for timely repairs and technical support for ARRI Digital Imaging Products, Lighting Products and CSS equipment according to prescribed protocols and quality standards under minimum daily supervision. This is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic and hardworking individual to be a part of the leading manufacturer of camera and lighting systems for the film and broadcast industry.
- Performing highly technical and precise repairs, evaluating the performance, condition, and quality control of new and used cinema cameras, accessories, and lighting equipment
- Troubleshooting and identifying equipment issues, and providing estimates of repairs for clients
- Handles customer calls regarding repair appointments, repair status, support on service-related issues and customer repair questions
- Handles bench and/or field repair of Arri products according to prescribed protocols and quality standards
- Develops and maintains an advanced and in-depth knowledge of the use and repair of ARRI’s Digital Imaging Products and related 3rd party products and software
- Troubleshoots repair, assembles, and tests all camera and lighting related equipment marketed by the company
- Manages the implementation and completion of paperwork for the service departments, including but not limited to estimates, service orders, payment arrangement, and shipping/ pick up
- Timely and accurate completion of administrative duties regarding service work including opening, updating, and closing of service cases in the required information systems.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in servicing and repairing of professional digital camera equipment, IT, software, or electronics repair. A Bachelor’s degree in electronic / computer engineering, or related fields preferred.
- Experience in servicing and repairing professional cinema cameras, accessories, lenses, and lighting equipment desired
- Understanding of digital video production, digital workflows, cinematography, and/or post-production environment strongly desired
- Must possess familiarity with digital oscilloscope, meters, and hand tools
- Exceptional analytical troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical expertise in computers, software, electronics, and networking technologies needed
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Software, Linux, MAC OS, and software scripts
- Excellent communication skills and the capability to explain and communicate about complex technical matters
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally and interact with coworkers and clients respectfully
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as necessary, to headquarters and manufacturers, visiting customers, trade shows and set locations
- Organization and attention to detail a must
Salary and Benefits: Salary is commensurate with experience. ARRI Canada offers comprehensive benefits, vacation, holiday, and sick/personal leave.
If you feel you have what it takes to join our dynamic team, please email your resume and salary requirements to Arricareers@arri.com .
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||as soon as possible|