Lighting Prep Tech
“Inspiring images. Since 1917.” ARRI is a global player within the motion picture industry, employing around 1,200 staff worldwide. Named after its founders August Arnold and Robert Richter, ARRI was established in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries are in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of the business units Camera Systems, Lighting, and Rental, all dedicated to connecting creativity and future technologies for moving images. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems as well as system solutions for the film, broadcast, and media industries, with a worldwide distribution and service network. The portfolio includes digital cameras, lenses, camera accessories, archive technologies, lamp heads, and lighting accessories. Along with offering exclusive technologies, ARRI Rental’s first-class services and equipment provide camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions around the world.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
Illumination Dynamics, Inc. (ID), a supplier of Lighting Equipment, Trucks and Generators to the Motion Picture, Television, Commercial and Sports Broadcast Industries including Automated Lighting to the Entertainment Television and Corporate markets with offices in California and North Carolina.
ID is looking for a creative, self-motivated individual with experience in day-to-day warehouse duties. Knowledge of lighting rental equipment, terminology, and application as it applies to the Motion Picture and Television markets, including Traditional HMI and Incandescent Fixtures, Automated fixtures, LED fixtures (Orbiter, Skypanels, Astera Kits, and Litemats), Dimming and Control, Cable and Distribution etc.
Main areas of responsibilities for this full-time role include:
- Daily duties include but are not limited to; pulling orders, cleaning, and testing equipment before it leaves and on its return; load and unload trucks, clean and organize equipment in warehouse.
- Performing basic repairs on all equipment including software updates.
- Clean and maintain cable, removing tape and checking connectors.
- Driving forklift and non CDL trucks.
- Complete all required paperwork neatly and accurately
- Scanning barcodes, counting equipment in and out, working with Rental Software as directed.
- Assist other personnel when necessary both as directed or as needed in all departments.
- Diligently follow all COVID safety procedures.
We pride ourselves on the service we offer our customers, and this individual will be in constant contact with the leading industry professionals and potential decision makers on a regular basis. Ability to communicate clearly and in a professional manner is critical. Providing top class customer service is truly our number one priority.
- Must have a solid well-rounded knowledge of the equipment.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and clearly with people.
- Must be able to work well with others in a team environment.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Must maintain a valid Driver’s License, (Class B beneficial)
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of equipment terminology, and application in markets we serve.
- Must be able to drive a forklift and other warehouse handling equipment
- Must be competent and comfortable driving pick-up, stake bed, and non-CDL box truck and willing to learn how to tow generators.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time. The employee is frequently required to walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee is occasionally required to sit and operate a keyboard or sit and operate a forklift, climb or balance. Reaching above shoulder heights, and below the waist is frequently required. The employee must regularly lift and / or move up to 75 pounds, and occasionally up to 95 pounds. Proper lifting techniques is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ID is committed to providing high quality equipment and customer service always operating with professionalism and integrity while meeting the exacting requirements of our customers in production. If you are an individual that would like to work with a great team of people in this type of environment; be able to bring creativity, expertise and commitment to strengthen and grow the company, we are looking for you!
We have several Lighting Prep Tech roles open, this is a great time to join a fantastic team, and work in the entertainment industry
We truly value our staff and offer a comprehensive benefit package including, medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401k, vacation, sick and personal leave, etc.…Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
If you are someone who possesses these skills and are up to the challenge, please apply by sending an email to ARRIcareers@arri.com.
Illumination Dynamics is an ARRI Rental Company and an equal opportunity employer.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||as soon as possible|