“Inspiring images. Since 1917.” ARRI is a global player within the motion picture industry, employing around 1,200 staff worldwide. Named after its founders August Arnold and Robert Richter, ARRI was established in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries are in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of the business units Camera Systems, Lighting, and Rental, all dedicated to connecting creativity and future technologies for moving images. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems as well as system solutions for the film, broadcast, and media industries, with a worldwide distribution and service network. The portfolio includes digital cameras, lenses, camera accessories, archive technologies, lamp heads, and lighting accessories. Along with offering exclusive technologies, ARRI Rental’s first-class services and equipment provide camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions around the world.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
- Supervise, monitor and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Service Department ensuring that equipment issued to the Company’s customers is in excellent working order in line with ARRI standards.
- To support the team in accurate and timely equipment repair and/or preparation based on the needs of the business with a hands-on approach.
- To plan and review the Service Department workload and to appropriately manage any backlog and challenges within the department, setting priorities for the workflow and taking corrective actions as deemed necessary.
- Responsible for the Quality Management Process.
- Resolve technical issues with dealers, agents and customers and handle service calls regarding appointments, repair status and technical questions as well as monitoring the service portal.
- Responsible for the renewal and maintenance of all camera, lighting and DIS service contract activities.
- Identify training needs and schedule technical training and seminars for in-house technicians, cinematographers and assistants as well as supporting the Business Development team with detailed technical information and training.
- Review the financial performance of the Service Department on a regular basis ensuring that expectations and deadlines are met at a high standard of quality, at minimum cost and the highest profit possible.
- Communicate effectively with staff and actively support best business practices and processes, ensuring continuous improvement where possible.
- To ensure a high level of customer service whilst maintaining and building upon our high-quality industry reputation.
- Previous and proven experience as an engineer within a similar environment and/or rental facility is essential including experience as a supervisor.
- Experience in repairing, testing of Digital and Analogue camera, lighting fixtures, lenses and accessories is essential criteria for this role. In depth technical, mechanical and optical equipment knowledge and hands on repair experience is required.
- Experience and knowledge of cinematography and related production and postproduction environments is essential.
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
- Strong technical expertise in computers, software and electronics is required.
- Knowledge of ARRI camera and lighting products is preferred.
- The successful applicant will be commercially astute, self-motivated and highly organised with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates must also be able to work to tight deadlines, demonstrating excellent time management skills.
To Apply: Please e-mail your C.V together with a covering letter to Chetna Mandalia, Head of HR email@example.com
Closing date for completed applications is Monday 18th October 2021
ARRI Cine Technik Ltd is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||As soon as possible|