Service Technician (m/f)
The Service Technician, is a Full Time position responsible for timely repairs of ARRI professional Digital Motion Picture Camera’s as well as Lighting fixtures and ballasts to prescribed protocols and quality standards. The person hired for this role can come into the role with either Camera or Lighting experience and ARRI will train in the area of lesser or no experience.
This person works directly with the Service Supervisor coordinating and reviewing work load, determining priorities in accordance with customer needs, and taking appropriate and corrective actions.
- Service, maintenance and repair of all ARRI digital cameras, and lighting products as well as accessories, verifying its operational performance and set-up
- Troubleshoot and identify equipment issues at component board level, and provide estimate of repair for customers
- Complete necessary repair paperwork to include work performed and parts utilized
- Quality control equipment that comes in from the factory
- Provide technical training on company products to dealers and or customer technicians to enable them to perform limited maintenance
- Provide technical phone support on service related issues and customer repair questions
- Works with global service organization to support worldwide database and 24/5 coverage
- Participate in demos and workshops on camera equipment for potential clients and support in-house staff training on camera equipment
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in servicing and repairing of professional digital camera or lighting equipment, software or electronics repair
- Reading and understanding schematic drawings, troubleshooting PC boards to the component level, soldering using through hole and surface mount techniques and repairing electrical and mechanical components and equipment
- Bachelor’s degree in electronic / computer engineering, or related fields preferred
- Experience in an imaging technology product support and service roll including electronic, mechanical, and optical systems.
- Experience in digital video production, digital workflows, cinematography, and/or post production environment strongly desired
- Must possess familiarity with digital oscilloscope, meters and hand tools
- Exceptional analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strong technical expertise in computers, software and electronics needed
- Must have knowledge of Windows, Linux, MAC OS, software scripts and XML
- Excellent communication skills and the capability to explain and communicate about complex technical matters is required
- Must handle stressful situations professionally and interact with coworkers and clients respectfully
- Travel required as necessary to headquarters in Germany, visiting customers, trade shows and set locations
- Attention to detail a must
Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or occasional lifting of up to 100 pounds is required. Proper lifting techniques are required. Requires walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close Vision.
Salary is commensurate with experience. ARRI Inc. offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision benefits, vacation, holiday and sick/personal leave, as well as a 401k and profit sharing plan.
If you are someone who possesses these skills and are up to the challenge, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
To be considered please fax your resume to 845-215-0170 or email to email@example.com. We require that you include your salary requirements for this role along with your resume.
ARRI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||as soon as possible|