Generator Operator & Driver (CDL-Class A)
Arnold & Richter Cine Technik (ARRI) is a global company within the motion picture media industry, employing around 1,500 staff worldwide. The company was founded in 1917 in Munich, Germany, where the headquarters is still located today. Other subsidiaries exist in Europe, North and South America, Asia, and Australia.
The ARRI Group consists of five business units: Camera Systems, Lighting, Media, Rental, and Medical. ARRI is a leading designer and manufacturer of camera and lighting systems for the film and broadcast industry, with a worldwide distribution and service network. It is also an integrated media service provider in the fields of film post- and coproduction, international sales, as well as equipment rental, supplying camera, lighting, and grip packages to professional productions. ARRI Medical focuses on the use of core imaging technologies for surgical applications.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has recognized ARRI’s engineers and their contributions to the industry with 19 Scientific and Technical Awards.
- Driver Responsibilities
- Full understanding of all current CDL laws
- Maintaining daily vehicle inspection reports, accurate driver log book and individual mileage reports
- Making sure the vehicle is current on service intervals
- Properly and safely securing all loads in or on the vehicle
- Keeping track and logging all expenses via expense report
- Maintaining an accurate weekly time card
- Random DOT drug screening
- Generator Technician Responsibilities
- Following all ID procedures as laid out in the Broadcast Generator Tech Handbook
- Generator knowledge in parallel and non-parallel set ups
- Maintaining all generator log sheets to include operation log, monitor sheet, and Generator fuel logs
- Working with office personnel prior to events for the scheduling of fuel deliveries
- Communicating with ID personnel to troubleshoot potential issues
- Performing minor repairs in the field per instruction from ID personnel
- Performing regular scheduled generator maintenance
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and existing clientele
- Working knowledge of generators and diesel engines
- Available to work prolonged hours and be on the road for extended time periods
- Willing to travel via commercial airlines as business needs require
- Must maintain valid CDL Driver’s License with clean MVR
- Must pass background check, Dot Drug & Alcohol screening test, and pass prior Employment and Safety verifications per DOT requirements
- Working knowledge of paralleling generators and redundant power systems
- Good electrical and electronic knowledge, including AC & DC power, generators, and ability to analyze problems and assist with repairs
- Working knowledge of complete mechanical operation of vehicles and ability to make minor repairs
- Working knowledge of rental equipment terminology and application as it applies to the Motion Picture, Broadcast and Special Event Industries – Prior Broadcast knowledge a plus
- Knowledge in the use of personal computers and related company software applications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work seated driving for long periods at a time in accordance with DOT/CDL laws. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting up to 100 pounds is required. Proper lifting techniques are required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include identifying colors.
If you are up to this challenge located in Charlotte, NC and you possess the necessary skills, we are looking for you. Salary is dependent upon experience and skill set.
Please e-mail your resume to ARRIcareers@arri.com. In order to be considered, you must include your hourly salary requirement.
|Earliest Possible Start Date||:||as soon as possible|